I’m James, and I’m a trainee Fitness & Nutrition Coach and owner of FitnessWithFlaws.com. My mission is to provide you with all the information you need to design, implement and maintain a lifetime of healthy living.
FitnessWithFlaws.com has five key goals:
- To provide practical guidance on lifestyle improvements
- Make this guidance accessible to all with a wealth of free resources
- Avoid misinformation and unnecessary gimmicks
- Promote empowerment and self-sufficiency so you never need to rely on us or anyone else for your well-being
- Advocate self-love and self-respect, we’re all flawed and we’re all perfect.
Where did it all begin?
Throughout my twenties and early thirties, my health and fitness grew progressively worse. I was a relatively heavy drinker, a smoker, I ate too much and moved too little. something had to change.
In March 2016 I finally decided enough was enough and for 12 months made quitting smoking and drinking my priority. During this time my eating habits became even worse and my weight climbed to 234 lbs (106 kg). 12 months after quitting drinking and smoking I made a commitment to tackling my weight and lifestyle issues.
I felt that the restrictive mainstream diets were never going to work for me, and so embarked creating my own method of gradual lifestyle adjustments to bring my weight and lifestyle under control. I started blogging my progress reports, and so FitnessWithFlaws.com was born.
Weight loss shouldn’t be a negative and stressful process, it’s about taking control of an important part of our lives, and making changes that ultimately make us happier and healthier.
Feel free to drop me a message if there’s anything specific I can do to support you or if there’s anything you think I can do to make the site more useful.